TERMS OF PUBLICATION:
Peer review process
The procedure of reviewing manuscripts of the articles in the journal "Scientific Papers of the Legislation Institute of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine"
- The articles submitted to the editorial board are registered. The author receives an e-mail notification about getting the article, a mark on the time of reading the letter is made in the log of registration.
- The executive editor pre-determines the compliance of the manuscript to the journal's profile and the requirements for its design. Materials that do not meet these conditions are returned to the authors indicating the reasons for the refusal.
- Manuscripts of articles of a scientific nature undergo an editorial scientific expertise, which determines their compliance with the stated issues, the degree of disclosure of the topic, scientific novelty.
Expertise is carried out by independent reviewers – leading experts in the field of science, which corresponds to the given article. Reviewing is carried out using the method of «double blind peer review».
All articles are checked for the absence of plagiarism.
- Expertise is carried out according to the following criteria:
- Informativeness and completeness of the title of the article and annotation
- The structure of the article (the presence of a problem statement, the analysis of recent research and publications, the purpose of the article, the presentation of the main material, conclusions)
- Transparency and accessibility of the article for the target audience of the journal
- Correctness of the execution of a bibliographic description of the cited sources
- Compliance with the stylistic and grammar rules
- Relevance and originality of the article
- The scientific value of the research results
- Clarity, correctness and transparency in the formulation of goals and objectives of the article
- The quality of the argumentation of the main ideas, abstracts, provisions and conclusions of the article
- Reliability and correctness of citations and references
- In case of discrepancy of the manuscript with the specified criteria, the Editor in Chief, in agreement with the Editor's Deputy, passes the manuscript to the members of the editorial board on the issues of the article to make a decision on the recommendation to revise the article or reject it from publication.
- If the article needs to be revised, then the author is sent a review. After the correction of the comments the author sends the article to the editors
If the article was returned for revision, when re-referring to the editors it should be noted in the name of the file: «finalized».
- The final decision on the publication of the article is taken by the editorial board of the journal.
With slight remarks that require only editorial corrections a decision to publish the article can be made.