Organizational and legal principles of public policy of business support in Latvia and Lithuania
At least half out of 10 newly created companies cease their activity in the first year, often designating unprofitability as the reason the reason, which cannot be remedied due to the lack of the necessary knowledge and advice. In turn, the state and society at large is interested in securing the stability of bigger companies operations, newly created companies included. Therefore, business support organizations are being formed, the goals of which are to constantly oversee various events in the outer business environment, so as to be able to apply preventative and / or corrective measures for the continued support and growth of entrepreneurship. Of similar importance is also the aspect of employment.
Entrepreneurship has a decisive role in the production of GDP necessary for the development of the Latvian and Lithuanian states, which further materializes in the products and services necessary for the population, the end result of which is the increased well-being of the state and the population. It is for this reason that state and municipalities have to pay closer attention towards the understanding of business development disrupting aspects and towards goal-oriented improvements for the state and municipality support system functionality.
The purpose of the article is to carry out an analysis of business support systems for the purpose of facilitating the effective cooperation of business support organisations in Latvia and Lithuania by analytically evaluating Latvian and Lithuanian business support organisation activities .
To reach the goal, the following most important objectives were set:
1) to compile and analyze the relevant environment for business support in Latvia and Lithuania;
2) to identify active BS organisations in Latvia and Lithuania and analyze their activities and results of their activities.
The scientific novelty is to to compile and analyze the relevant environment for business support in Latvia and Lithuania.
Conclusions. In comparative analysis, when comparing the Latvian and Lithuanian national laws and strategic planning documents that regulate the organization, financing and impact assessment of business support at the national level, which are not regulated by EU legislation or obligations, it can be concluded that, unlike Latvian legislation, Lithuanian legislation and planning documents clearly indicate the priorities for business support, the target groups of beneficiaries, types of support (materials and intangible assets) and support providers (municipalities or the state), as well as a clear description of the organization and evaluation of assistance. The Latvian legislation (with the exception of the New Enterprise Assistance Law and the laws that determine the granting and monitoring of EU assistance) does not define business support, its beneficiaries, possible types and size of support, the necessity and procedures for monitoring and impact, etc.
2. Boikova, T., Zeverte-Rivza, S., Rivza, P., Rivza, B. (2021). The Determinants and Effects of Competitiveness: The Role of Digitalization in the European Economies. Sustainability, 13, 11689. https://doi.org/10.3390/su132111689. URL: https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/13/21/11689/pdf (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
3. Consolidated version of the Treaty establishing the European Community. URL: https://www.univie.ac.at/RI/eur/20040401/LV_EC_Treaty_Vienna.pdf (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
4. Republic of Lithuania Law on Employment of 21 June 2016 No XII-2470. URL: https://e-seimas.lrs.lt/portal/legalAct/en/TAD/5f0be3809c2011e68adcda1bb2f432d1 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
5. Law on companies of 13 July 2000 No. VIII-1835. URL: https://e-seimas.lrs.lt/portal/legalAct/en/TAD/TAIS.147516 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
6. Republic of Lithuania Law on the Amendment to the Law on Small and Medium-Sized Business Development of 22 October 2002 No. IX-1142. URL: https://e-seimas.lrs.lt/portal/legalAct/en/TAD/TAIS.75354 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
7. Balyan, A. V., Hryshova, I. Yu., Marchuk, L. L. (2021). Mekhanizm realizatsiyi rehulyatornoyi polityky ekonomichnoyi bezpeky v ahrarnomu sektori Ukrainy. Ekonomika kharchovoyi promyslovosti, T. 13, vyp. 1, 82–89 [in Ukrainian].
8. Chen, Q., Balian, A., Kyzym, M., Salashenko, T., Gryshova, I, Khaustova, V. (2021). Electricity Markets Instability: Causes of Price Dispersion. Sustainability, 13(22),12343. https://doi.org/10.3390/su132212343. URL: https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/13/22/12343 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
9. Handbook on Community State Aid Rules for SMEs. URL: http://ec.europa.eu/competition/state_aid/studies_reports/sme_handbook.p\ (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
10. Investment Improvement and Industrial Development Program, 2014–2020. URL: https://e-seimas.lrs.lt/portal/legalAct/lt/TAD/27aceff00acc11e687e0 fbad81d55a7c?jfwid=nz8qn74cb (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
11. Law on Control of Aid for Commercial Activity. URL: https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=267199 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
12. On Prevention of Squandering of the Financial Resources and Property of a Public Person. URL: https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=36190 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
13. Article 1 of the Law on Local Governments. URL: https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=57255 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
14. Article 2 of the Regional Development Law. URL: https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=61002 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
15. Associations and Foundations Law. URL: https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=81050 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
16. Law on Support for Start-ups. URL: https://likumi.lv/ta/id/287272-jaunuznemumu-darbibas-atbalsta-likums (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
17. Law on Taxes un Duties. URL: https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=33946 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
18. Value Addes Tax Law. URL: https://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=253451 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
19. Law on local Self-Government. URL: https://e-seimas.lrs.lt/portal/legalAct/en/TAD/TAIS.22832 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
20. Management of capital companies in municipalities. Evaluation of the State Audit Office through the prism of legality and efficiency. 31.03.2016. URL: https://www.lps.lv/uploads/docs_module/Kapitālsabiedrību%20pārvaldība%20pašvaldībās.pdf (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
21. Ministry of Economics of the Republic of Latvia. Improving the business environment. URL: https://www.em.gov.lv/lv/nozares_politika/nacionala_industriala_politika/uznemejdarbibas_vide_/uznemejdarbibas_vides_uzlabosana (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
22. Possibilities of increasing the competitiveness of the business support system in the border regions of Latvia – Lithuania : Scientific monograph. (2020) / edited by J. Vanags ; Institute of Economics of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Riga.
23. Cabinet of Ministers. Regulations regarding the lease of land by a public person No.735. URL: https://likumi.lv/ doc.php?id=165950 (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
24. Riaschenko V. P. Reengineering of business processes management at an enterprise. Journal Actual Problems of Economics, Vol. 135, Iss. 9, 125–1302012. URL: https://www.scopus.com/record/display.uri?eid=2-s2.0-84866760548&origin=resultslist&sort=plf-f&src=s&sid=952251994df9f629f2cf20adf558b543&sot=aut&sdt=a&sl=18&s=AU-ID%2850162304800%29&relpos=0&citeCnt=0&searchTerm= (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
25. Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development. Opportunities for local governments for business development. URL: http://www.varam.gov.lv/in_site/ (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
26. Zhivitere, M., Riaschenko, V. (2017). Promoting social entrepreneurship product. 11th International Scientific and Practical Conference on Environment, Technology, Resources, 15 June, 2017, Vol. 1, 309–315. URL: https://www.scopus.com/record/display.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85028420857&origin=AuthorNamesList&txGid=a36a54c4a3b08aa9aa1e4491fd54e72e (Last accessed: 05.11.2021).
27. Zivitere, M., Riashchenko, V., Linde, I. (2017). The development of the innovative capacity of Latvia. Proceedings 11th International Technology, Education and Development Conference March 6th-8th, 2017 – Valencia, Spain / Edited by L. Gómez Chova, A. López Martínez, I. Candel Torres. IATED Academy, p. 10071-10074.
28. Gryshova, I., Shabatura, T., Girdzijauskas, S., Streimikiene, D., Ciegis, R., Griesiene, I. (2019). The Paradox of Value and Economic Bubbles: New Insights for Sustainable Economic Development. Sustainability, 11(24):6888. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11246888
Abstract views: 19 PDF Downloads: 11